Learn the basics of surfing and competition with Jimmy "Fast" Lane at the Jimmy Lane Surfing Academy this summer! Jimmy, a professional surfer and certified lifeguard, has been rated among the top 50 in the world and teaching surf classes for the City of New Smyrna Beach’s Leisure Services Department for 34 years. Classes also focus on general ocean safety, the basics of currents, tides, and run-outs.
This year, additional safety procedures have been established to help prevent community spread of COVID-19:
- Students will fill and bring their own water canteens in their own beach bags daily, replacing the use of a push-button Igloo team cooler.
- Groups limited to nine students and two instructors per group -- groupings according to age/skill levels.
- Safely distanced check-in and shade tents will be set up. - Extra distancing at check-in for students and parents will be in place and clearly posted.
- Disposable cups and water by the gallon will be available as emergency supplies.
- All students, parents, and instructors will be expected to adhere to these camp-specific policies and procedures.
- Any known or suspected health issues must be reported to Jimmy.
Would you like to know more? Please see the included flyer below for pricing and other details and visit http://www.surf-lane.com/ or @JimmyLaneSurfAcademy on Facebook. Also available are Leisure Services staff at (386) 410-2890 or Jimmy directly at (386) 314-1356.