The City Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and City Commission and serves as a Charter Officer. The City Clerk is the official Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO) for the City, the custodian of the City seal, and the designated local Elections Official and Filing Officer for all City elections.
The City Clerk’s Office performs administrative services including, but not limited to, administration of the legislative process, facilitation of public participation in city government affairs, and management of public records.
Additionally, the Office of the City Clerk is responsible for:
- Certifying and attesting to official documents.
- Coordinating and preparing legal notices.
- Coordinating the official recording of ordinances, resolution, contracts and deeds.
- Maintaining all City Boards.
- Providing notice and taking minutes for all City Commission and board/committee meetings.
- Coordinating public records requests for the general public.