How do I file a police report?

Call 386-424-2000 and speak to a dispatcher 24/7. If an emergency, call 911.

Where do I find information about employment with the New Smyrna Beach Police Department?

Employment Opportunities

Where do I pay a parking citation?

Parking tickets can be paid at 246 Industrial Park Avenue

Where do I pay a traffic citation?

Traffic citations are paid at the Volusia County Clerk of Court office

How can I report traffic complaints in my neighborhood?

Call  386-424-2000 (dispatch) to report a complaint or complete a traffic complaint form on-line.

How can I get a crime prevention program or other related police presentation for my group, school or organization?

Call Sergeant Brian Morris at 386-424-2247.

What should I do if I call 9-1-1 by mistake?

Do not hang up. If you hang up, dispatch will call you back and send an officer to respond to your address. Explain to the operator that you dialed 9-1-1 by mistake.

If I need the police, but it is not an emergency, what number do I call?

Call 386-424-2000

What are the hours of operation for the New Smyrna Beach Police Department Records Section?

Most public records can be obtained Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. 

How much does it cost to obtain a copy of a New Smyrna Beach Police report?

$1 for each report requested with a Case Number or $2 if a search is needed to locate the report; $3 for each report requested by mail.

Who can obtain a copy of a traffic crash report?

The involved parties, the owners of the vehicles involved or their insurance companies, before 60 days. After 60 days, anyone can get a crash report.  

Can fingerprinting be done at the NSBPD?

Call 386-424-2220 to make an appointment.
The fee is $10.
A blank fingerprint card must be presented at the appointment.
A valid driver's license must be presented and the address on the license must match the individual's current address to be fingerprinted.

What is the status of my case?

Please provide us with your name and case number and send us an Email

If I am the victim of identity theft, do I need to report it to the police?

Yes, you will receive a case number that will assist you when reporting to other agencies. Select here to view Identify Theft.

Who do I contact for a traffic related question?

 Contact Sgt. Robert Claudio  / 386-402-7790 

How do I request traffic control signs or traffic enforcement for a particular area?

  Contact Sgt. Robert Claudio  / 386-402-7790