Building & Inspections
COVID-19 Remote Customer ServiceAs a preventative measure against community spread of COVID-19, Building & Inspections staff will transition to only processing applications and permits by e-mail and phone on Tuesday, Mar. 17, 2020.
Please e-mail email@example.com for permitting, firstname.lastname@example.org for inspections, or call our customer service line at (386) 410-2860 to establish first contact and request further details.
Payment will be accepted by online credit card payment, over the phone at (386) 410-2860, or by check mailed to 2650 N. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168.
The primary objective of the City of New Smyrna Beach Building and Inspection Department is to protect the public's life, heath, safety, and welfare as it relates to construction. We provide the highest level of customer service by a fully-trained team dedicated to serving the public. This is accomplished through the implementation of building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical codes along with various state codes and standards.
The Building and Inspections Department is responsible for:
- Processing requests for construction and inspections
- Providing guidance on applying for a building permit
- Reviewing and approving construction plans
- Inspecting construction for compliance with the Florida Building Codes
- Providing guidance and information to the public regarding contractors and building code requirements
Building Permit and Inspection Utilization Report FY 2019-20