Building & Inspections
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Remote Customer ServiceAs a preventative measure against community spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Building & Inspections staff will transition to only processing applications and permits by e-mail and phone on Tuesday, Mar. 17. Please refer to the e-mail addresses below or call our customer service line at (386) 410-2860 to establish first contact and request further details.
- Building permit applications may be requested from and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (386) 410-2805. Permit cards and approved plans will be sent once they are ready to be issued and payment is received. Printed copies of permit cards and approved plans must be displayed onsite.
- Building inspection requests may be submitted to email@example.com or faxed to (386) 410-2805. Please remember to provide a permit number, address, inspection type, and date.
The primary objective of the City of New Smyrna Beach Building and Inspection Department is to protect the public's life, heath, safety, and welfare as it relates to construction. We provide the highest level of customer service by a fully-trained team dedicated to serving the public. This is accomplished through the implementation of building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical codes along with various state codes and standards.
The Building and Inspections Department is responsible for:
- Processing requests for construction and inspections
- Providing guidance on applying for a building permit
- Reviewing and approving construction plans
- Inspecting construction for compliance with the Florida Building Codes
- Providing guidance and information to the public regarding contractors and building code requirements