The New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport Management understands that pilot education and cooperation is key to a successful noise abatement program. Compliance with noise abatement procedures is requested unless deviations are made necessary by weather, ATC instructions, clearances, an in-flight emergency or other safety considerations.
The procedures described are not intended to preempt the responsibilities of the pilot-in-command for safe aircraft operations. Recommended procedures are not intended to conflict with instructions from ATC or those which are the exclusive authority of the FAA.
The New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport would like to request that the following Noise Abatement procedures be followed.
* Avoid flying over residential areas when possible.
* Departing aircraft should climb out of V (best rate of climb). Reduce power from takeoff climb power as soon as safe and practical.
* No low altitude, high RPM approaches (dragging it in) on extended downwind, base, and final.
* Utilize VFR runway markings including fixed distance markers 1, 000 ft. past the threshold for flight training.
* No touch and go operations between 5:00 pm and 8:00 am.
* No repetitive flight training operations at airport between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am.
* No more than 8 touch and go's without coming to a full stop or departing the pattern.
* No repetitive flight training operations on Sundays and national holidays.
* No engine maintenance run-ups between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am.