608 Magnolia Street
The structure was built in 1911 and is a contributing structure in the New Smyrna Beach National Register of Historic Places Historic District. The owners, Jim Murphy and Trish Thompson, bought the residence in 1989 and subsequently purchased and preserved the home.
The Folk Victorian style of architecture was a popular residential style between 1880 and 1910. This building is a distinct reminder of the cultural heritage of New Smyrna Beach, and it is a strong example of this style of architecture.
Jane Poorbaugh Whitten, daughter of a previous owner and occupant until 1947, nominated the structure.