The Land Development Section is responsible for providing information and guiding developers, architects, and the general public through the site development approval process.
The Section analyzes requests to ensure compliance with the City’s Land Development Regulations and makes recommendations on development proposals, special exceptions, variances, and changes of zoning that affect the general welfare of the City of New Smyrna Beach.
The Section also reviews requests for tree removal permits and works with neighborhood residents, community organizations, business owners and City staff to better understand their needs in order to implement necessary amendments to existing regulations as may be required.
The Land Development Section also works in the following areas:
- Neighborhood Planning
- Landscaping and Tree Removal
- Easement, plat and street vacations
- Green building issues
- Construction of structures east of the City’s Coastal Construction Setback Line (CCSL)
- Grant preparation, implementation and administration
- Preparation of monthly Development Activity Reports
- School concurrency
- Administration of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds
- Review of building permits and business tax receipt applications
- Community Outreach
Applications & Fees
A list of applications, required supporting documents and fees for various Land Development requests can be accessed at this link. Only complete applications will be accepted. All applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the submittal deadline.