The Comprehensive Plan provides the direction and guidance which enables the City to maintain and enhance those attributes that make the City a desirable place to live, work, learn, and play. The Comprehensive Plan is designed to preserve and enhance the public health, safety, and welfare through the management of growth, provision of adequate public services, and the protection of natural resources.
The Comprehensive Plan includes goals, objectives, and policies for each of the State required elements.
- Goals for future development and provision of services
- Objectives or benchmarks to meet in attaining our goals
- Policies to be implemented to meet the stated benchmarks
Comprehensive Plan Elements
- I. Introduction
- II. Future Land Use Element
- III. Transportation Element
- VI. Housing Element
- VII. Sanitary Sewer, Potable Water, Solid Waste, Drainage, and Natural Aquifer Recharge Element
- VIII. Coastal Management Element
- IX. Conservation Element
- X. Recreation and Open Space Element
- XI. Intergovernmental Coordination Element
- XII. Capital Improvements Element
- XIII. Historical and Archaeological Preservation Element
- XIV. Public School Facilities Element
- XV. Economic Development Element
To request a digital copy of the Comprehensive Plan, please contact the Planning Department at (386) 410-2835.