Youth Council Task Force
The Youth Council Task Force was founded under Resolution No. 13-12, as it was the desire of the City Commission to solicit the assistance of a group of citizens regarding the City's Youth Council.
The Youth Council Task Force shall consist of five regular members who serve without compensation. Wherever possible the City Commission shall appoint members to the Youth Council Task Force who have demonstrated interest, commitment, and education.
The members of the Youth Council Task Force serve at the pleasure of the City Commission and may be removed with or without cause. If the position of a member becomes vacant for any reason, the City Commission shall appoint another qualified person to serve the unexpired term of the vacated position. The Youth Council Task Force shall work with and report to the City Manager and be supported by Leisure Services staff.
The Youth Council Task Force shall:
- review and evaluate problems facing youth in the City; and
- facilitate neighborhood meetings with youth to discuss problems, needs, suggested improvements for our community; and
- meet regularly with the Mayor and the City Commission to share ideas and discuss issues, concerns, and needed improvements; and
- attend City Commission meetings and participate in vision and goal sessions; and
- present recommended improvements to the City Commission and City Manager of public projects and programs; and
- assist in planning youth/recreation activities; and
- evaluate and advise the City Commission and/or City Manager on issues forwarded to the City's Youth Council for advice; and
- perform such other duties and assignments as requested by the City Manager.
The Youth Council Task Force will meet at least once per month at such times and places as requested by the City Manager after consultation with the Task Force. A majority of the members of the Youth Council Task Force present at a meeting shall be necessary to make any determination required by the Task Force. Meetings shall be open to the public and minutes shall be kept. A public record of the Task Force's minutes shall be maintained and made available for inspection by the public.
Members of the Youth Council Task Force
- Daelynn Perry (Chair)
- Clayton Love (Vice Chair)
- Susell Diaz-Gutierrez
- Kaylee Petroff
- Tahmina Tisha