Traffic & Travel Information
Florida 511 Provides Time-saving Traffic Information for New Smyrna Beach
The Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) bilingual Florida 511 Traveler Information System provides traffic information for New Smyrna Beach residents on all of Florida’s interstates, including I-95, toll roads and many other metropolitan roadways. Travelers can call 511, visit FL511.com, register for My Florida 511 personalized services or download the 511 app on iTunes for traffic updates, including crashes, congestion, construction and emergency evacuation information. FL511.com features the same traffic information as the phone call, along with hundreds of traffic cameras.
By registering for My Florida 511 personalized services at FL511.com, users can hear traffic updates and travel times on their custom routes first when calling 511. Additionally, users can register to receive traffic alerts on these routes via a phone call, e-mail and/or text message. Travelers can customize their alerts based on time of day, day of the week and type or severity of incidents.
Twitter users can now learn about roadway conditions through FDOT’s FL511 Central Twitter account and 11 other FL511 regional and major roadway accounts that distribute traffic information from the 511 Traveler Information System. The Twitter accounts are updated through an automated feed from SunGuide, the software that updates the 511 system statewide.
The 511 system is available from cell phones and landlines; however, standard cell phone minutes may apply. All travelers should check 511 before traveling, have a passenger check 511 or pull over to avoid distracted driving.
Check out the Florida 511 Twitter feeds for traffic updates:
- Call 511 before driving, at a rest area or have a passenger call to avoid talking while driving
- Customize your trip at FL511.com before leaving to minimize time spent on the phone
- Always wear a safety belt
- Don’t drink and drive
Florida 511 Features:
- Traffic information on all interstate highways, toll roads and many other metropolitan roadways
- Commuter travel times and reports on crashes, congestion and construction
- Public transit, airport and seaport information
- AMBER, Silver and LEO Alerts (Silver Alerts notify the public when law enforcement agencies are searching for missing adults or citizens with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Alerts notify the public when law enforcement officers are searching for an offender(s) who has seriously injured or killed a law enforcement officer.)
- FL511.com provides travel information, traffic camera views and free personalized services, including customized travel routes and e-mail, text and phone call alerts
- Voice-activated and touch-tone navigation available
- The 511 phone call and FL511.com website are available in English and Spanish